Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Sound recording
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title was provided by the course instructor, Kathryn McPherson, and is based on the contents of the collection.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- McPherson, Kathryn
Physical description area
12 sound recordings
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The collection consists of audio cassette recordings of the interviews and associated paper documentation (biographical forms and interview summaries) for each of the women who participated. Twelve women were interviewed. The names of the interviewers and interviewees are:
- Beverly Ann Carlson interviewed by Anda Jones.
- Bertha Cochrane interviewed by Linda Henderson.
- Suzanne Crawford interviewed by Pat Newton.
- Kathleen Dawson interviewed by Linda Cluelett.
- Ann St. Clair Ecclestone inteviewed by Jane Ecclestone.
- Jean Ferguson interviewed by Marsha Ferguson.
- Melitha Rose Kraus interviewed by Laurie Doig.
- Patricia Mazzarella Larson interviewed by Angela M. Larson.
- Violet Piersma interviewed by Peter van Drongelen.
- Florence Vilma Shannon; interviewer not recorded.
- Miyako Shinkawa interviewed by Debbie Shinkawa.
- Ilo Urquart; interviewer not recorded.
Note that there is no paper documentation for one of the interviewees (Ilo Urquart).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Access to the original sound recordings is restricted for preservation reasons due to the fragility of the storage medium (audio cassettes). To date, 3 of the 12 interviews (items 2, 7, and 9) have been digitized for access purposes and these are available in the Archives. Consult the reference archivist for more information about accessing the remaining recordings.
Copyright subsists in all or some of the records. The interviewers did not transfer copyright to the SFU Archives at the time of transfer, nor did they explicitly grant the Archives permission to release their personal contact information to those researchers wishing to discuss the use of copyrighted material. Permission to use copyright material is therefore managed on a case-by-case basis. Please consult the reference archivist for more details.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Sound recordings (original and copies) include 34 audio cassettes and 8 optical discs.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- McPherson, Kathryn (Creator)