Part of Doukhobor collection
This series consists of various documents that were created by Union of Spiritual Community of Christ (USCC) and its members and that relate to the operations of the USCC and to the matters concerning the Doukhobor community from late 1908 until 1999, predominantly 1938-1960s. The USCC emerged in mid 1930s in efforts to unite the Doukhobor community under the name of the Society of Named Doukhobors which was guided Peter P. Verigin (Chistiakov). In 1938, the CCUB was dissolved due to bankruptcy. After the death of Peter P. Verigin in 1939, the leadership of the organization was continued by John J. Verigin, Peter’s grandson. The Society of Named Doukhobors change its name to the USCC in the early 1940s. The records are in Russian and/or English; some are printed and some are handwritten, some have accompanying transcriptions and/or translations; some are original documents and some are photocopies.
This series is divided in to four sub-series: 1: General Documents; 2: War related documents; 3: Financial records; 4: Ephemera and publications; 5: Event records.