Fonds consists of records made or received by Greg Evans in the course of activities, mainly relating to his research on the history of brewing in BC.
Activities documented include completion of his Master's thesis, his on-going post-thesis research and the unfinished book project; correspondence with brewers and other brewing historians; public speaking engagements and consulting projects; and Evans' involvement with CAMRA and the Great Canadian Beer Festival.
Records consist predominantly of Evans' correspondence, research notes and working papers; drafts and copies of his own writings, including his MA thesis; speaking notes and presentation slides; interview notes and transcriptions; reports, newspaper clippings, copies of articles, and excerpts from books and publications; and archival photographs and textual records, mostly copied from originals held at various archives, museums and libraries.
Fonds is arranged into ten series:
- Thesis and university work, 1969-1991 (series 1)
- Book project files, 2011-2016 (series 2)
- Brewing history research files, [198-]-2017 (series 3)
- Hops industry research and exhibit files, 1989-2014 (series 4)
- Public talks and publications (series 5)
- Correspondence and project files (series 6)
- Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) files (series 7)
- Great Canadian Beer Festival files (series 8)
- Photographs, labels, and graphics (series 9)
- Brewing reference works (series 10)